- I am a registered psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists, the regulatory body for psychologists in Alberta.
- I have a Master’s of Counselling from the University of Athabasca, and a BA in psychology with a minor in philosophy from Concordia University College of Alberta.
- I currently facilitate a men’s group that address the effects of sexual trauma.
- I worked full time during both my undergrad and my masters, therefore I have a wide range of work experience in various fields, such as Oilfield Safety, waitressing and child and youth care.
- I provided counselling for students at Concordia during my 500 hour practicum for my Masters. This gave me experience working with student issues, study problems, and religious issues. It also exposed me to a wide variety of common problems, such as specific phobias, compulsive thoughts and behaviours (including eating and shopping problems), and problems with self-esteem.
- Working at the Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton has taught me about working with trauma and abuse, and has taught me how to help people cope with, and reduce the symptoms of PTSD. I also have experience in helping people learn how to view their families differently.
- I decided I wanted to be a counsellor when I was 8 years old. In my youth I would buy old psych text books from garage sales. I still love to read and very much enjoy being outdoors, especially near the river. I also love humor and try to add it into each day.
Address: 710-9707 110 street, Ledgeview Centre, Edmonton, Alberta
Phone: (780) 655 - 4173 (can text)